Augmented reality is an interactive experience where certain visual or auditory elements enhance users’ physical world. This may seem to be a very futuristic technology. However, the use of Augmented reality has been in our lives for quite a long time now. The Instagram filters, which are used by almost every one of this generation, uses Augmented Reality.
The Instagram filters that use AR technology help brands by providing them an exciting and interactive way to reach and engage with their audience.
Continue reading if you want to know how brands use Instagram filters and how you can use them to expand your business.
Instagram Stories AR filters
- Augmented reality (AR) filters were introduced to Instagram in 2017. Recently, a feature that has taken Augmented reality to a new level was launched by Facebook’s Spark AR Studio, allowing users to create their customized AR filters for Instagram stories.
- The AR filters are computer-generated effects that are displayed over your real-life image. These AR filters alter the image that the camera displays.
- For example, the puppy face filter superimposes the nose and ears on our image. This effect moves with us as we move.
- Before having this feature of creating your own customized Instagram filter, the Instagram filters were created and managed only by Instagram. However, now, brands can create their custom filters.
- The Instagram Story AR filters help brands so that, for a user to access a brand’s filter, he must be following the brand or visit the brand’s page. This proves to be a considerable growth hack for brands or businesses.
- Another way to promote your business through Instagram is by buying followers. Growing on Social media is tough. You can use this technique to get yourself a boost.
- This also helps small, or new businesses compete with rival brands.
- One such website that provides you with followers is https://dailyfollows.com/instagram-followers/.
Accounts that created innovative custom Instagram filters
Let’s have a look at some accounts that created their own fantastic custom Instagram filters:
- Kylie Cosmetics
Kylie was one of the first people to use this feature to create her own customized Instagram filter for her brand Kylie cosmetics.
Apart from being fun to use, this filter allows the users to try different shades of lipsticks from Kylie’s brand. It helps them choose the best shade that suits their skin.
This filter shows how brands can promote their businesses using the custom Instagram AR Filters.
- Adidas Originals
This filter is very retro looking and gives vintage vibes. These filters are super trendy these days, and this filter allows us to use them on our Instagram stories.
After applying this filter, there appears a glitch effect on our Instagram story on raising our eyebrows.
Despite being less promotional, this filter is very trendy, allowing the brand to connect and engage with users.
Rihanna also was one of the persons to create her custom filter for Instagram stories.
When you select this filter, it applies a diamond headpiece over your image.
Rihanna’s filter promotes her Diamond Ball, which spreads awareness for her organization called Clara Lionel Foundation.
This filter is the perfect example to show how you can also promote an event rather than promoting just a physical product.
- Gucci Beauty
As soon as this page was created, it immediately jumped into creating a custom Instagram filter.
This filter has some try-on Gucci details like lipsticks, earrings, foundation, mascara, and some more.
- Maddie Ziegler
The actress Maddie Ziegler launched her kindness Instagram Stories filter for honoring the anti-bullying efforts all over the world.
On applying this filter, you can see hearts appearing all over your image, and it also allows you to tag a friend you want to support.
This filter wasn’t created for promotional purposes, but it was created to spread a kind message.
This filter will make you nostalgic if you were a Disney fan. When selected, this Instagram filter lets you apply Mickey Mouse ears or Minnie Mouse ears to your pictures.
This Disney’s Instagram filter is more fun than being promotional. This filter is shared by many and spreads brand awareness.
Accessing Custom Instagram Stories AR Filters
The simplest way to use a Custom Instagram Filter is by visiting or following the account whose filter you want to try. After doing this, the filter will be added to your Instagram Filters.
After added, you can swipe right on your homepage and search for the custom filter from the many available options.
Once you find the filter, you can tap and have fun with it.
Another way to access custom Instagram Filters is when one of your friends shares a story using the custom filter, you can click on “Try it” that appears on the top left of their story.
Creating your own Custom Instagram Stories AR Filter
You can create your custom Instagram filter after applying for a closed beta program and getting approved by Instagram.
Even before getting accepted by Instagram, you can still practice creating your custom filter for the future by downloading Spark AR Studio.
You don’t need to know how to code to relate your custom filter. This is a very trouble-free process.
Facebook provides a complete guide to get you started in creating your custom filter along with the approval process.
Download Spark AR Studio and get started with creating your own custom Instagram Filter.